new

Monday, September 13, 2010

Let's Make Whoopie

These are so good! I have been wanting to make a whoopie pie of some sort ever since the book Whoopie Pies has been released... ok ever since I saw it in a store... Im pretty sure its new, at least newish... but maybe It's just new to me. I havent bought it and I couldnt find it at my library. So if any of my friends have it Id love to borrow it!

This is my version of a super duper whoopie pie. They are awesome! I cant believe how great they turned out! All I did was tweak one of my favorite cookie recipes and used the leftover cream cheese frosting from the cinnamon buns I made last week and voila... yet another reason why Im still carrying around so much baby weight (and my baby is 1 year old!)


Here is how its done!

Mint Brownie Whoopie Pies

Mix together;
3/4 cup Cocoa
3/4 cup margarine, melted
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 eggs

In a separate bowl mix together;
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup mint chocolate chips
(for this recipe I used Andes mint chips... mand I wish I could get them in canada, but for now I have my mom ship them to me from texas)

Add this mixture to the cocoa mixture and combine.
Chill dough for 1 hour. Roll dough into balls and roll balls into icing sugar. Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet at 350 degrees for 8 minutes

Allow the cookies to cool.
Then just assemble the whoopie pies;
Frost the bottom of one cookie with the cream cheese frosting (see my cinnamon bun post for the recipe) and then gently press a second cookie to make a sandwich. This process has to be done super carefully as these are really soft cookies.
I need to find a different hobby... how will I ever lose weight making things like these everyday.... I love being in my kitchen!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment