new

Monday, September 6, 2010

Cherry Strusel Muffins


The other week I made what I hear are super delicious muffins. ( I dont like cherries so I didnt eat any... but they were a hit with my boys)
They are equally good with out the cherries... thats how I make them normally!

7 Tbsp Margarine
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg (powdered would do if you want...)
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped FRESH cherries

topping;
2 Tbsp flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
1 Tbsp margarine

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with liners.
2) In a large bowl of an electric mixer, combine butter and sugar and beat until smooth. Add egg and beat until pale and smooth
3) in another bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg. Add to the butter mixture in 2 additions alternating with the milk. The batter will have a few lumps. Stir in Cherries.
4) Spoon the batter into the muffin tins
5) Combine the topping ingredients in a bowl until it looks like crumbs.
6) Put some of the topping on to the muffins. Bake for 20- 25 minutes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment