new

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Breakfast Pizzas

If any of you follow ourbestbites.com then you will know that she posted this a little while ago. I loved the idea and had to try it. I changed it a bit. One thing I did was add a little pit of pizza sauce. Jaxon needs things to look like what I tell him they are. So in order for him to believe that this was pizza I needed to add the red sauce. Also ourbestbites said to bake these on a cookie sheet lined with foil that has been brushed with Oil. Mine still stuck... REALLY stuck.. I think next time I will try parchment.

Breakfast Pizzas

Cut 6 english muffins in half. In a bowl beat two eggs and a splash (or two) of hot sauce. I broke this in half since I was feeding it to my kids. I did one egg with out hot sauce and then one egg with lots of hot sauce. Take the english muffin halfs and dip them (like you would french toast) into the egg mixture. Place on a bakign sheet lined with parchment (?), spoon a small amount of pizza sauce on top and then add topppings. I used turkey pepperoni, cheese and green onions. But I think bacon would be awesome too! Then bake in the oven at 350 until toasty and cheese is all melty. The muffins will still be a little soft but mostly toasty.
These warm up great the next day. Just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds. I also am told that they freeze good too... but we didnt have enough leftover for me to try that.

I really like these because they are so yummy! But also because of the hidden egg protein. Jaxon doesnt eat much protein so I like that he ate these and didnt even realize he is eating it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment