new

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dinner tonight!

Tonight we had one of my all time favorites! Kincaid's Cajun Chicken and Pasta. I love it because I love pasta but Im not always in the mood for Italian... but its rare for me to not be in the mood for Cajun... its in my blood! Another plus about this recipe is you can change out the chicken for shrimp and its still great... or do a combo of both chicken and shrimp. And Another plus to this recipe is it makes a ton. Which means its great for dinner parties or you can do like I do and make a full batch and then freeze it in smaller batches and then its all set for you to have another time. It freezes great!

Sauce;
3 Tbsp butter
1 large onion diced
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp Thyme
1 1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp Basil
3 1/2 cups Chicken stock
1 1/2 tsp Worcestshire Sauce
2 Tbsp Tabasco sauce
5 Cups Tomato sauce
1 1/2 tsp Sugar
1 cup green onion thinly sliced

Melt butter in a sauce pan. Add onions adn garlic and saute for 5 minutes. add herbs and spices and mix well. Add stock, worcestshire sauce, Tabasco and tomato sauce and simmer for 20 minutes. Add sugar and green onions and simmer for 15 minutes.

Meat Seasoning;
1 1/2 tsp cayenne
2 tsp basil
3 tsp pepper
1 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
3 tsp cumin

Mix together and sprinkle over meat (chicken or shrimp) I use 2 or 3 chicken breast if Im doing just chicken. Fry chicken in a pan and add to sauce once both are cooked.
Cook your favorite pasta (the orginal recipe calls for Fetticinne... but I like using scoobi doo) The amount of pasta you use will really depend on how much of the sauce you are planning on using.
Pour sauce over pasta and serve.

This can be a spicy recipe to some people. I love it!

Also... sorry for the lack of pictures. My excuse today is that I still haven't unpacked from my Weekend in Edmonton and I cant find my camera cord.

No comments:

Post a Comment