new

Friday, September 10, 2010

Vietnamese Sammies

Before I share a tastey treat with you tonight I have to share my proud mom moment. My oldest little man Jaxon started preschool today. He was so excited! He has been wanting to go to school all summer. So it was no surprise when we dropped him off and he ran off with out a hug and no looking back. Then when we picked him up he was just has happy... he cant wait to go back! YAY!


Now... onto the food. Tonight's dinner was vietnamese Steak Sammies. I was planning on using the left over steak from the bulgogi in this meal too but I ate it all.... thats what it gets for being so yummy! So I had to make more steak. Here is the marinade I used;

Lime Marinade
1/4 cup lime juice
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 scallions, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp ginger
1 tsp red pepper flakes

now to assemble the sammies;
Cook the meat to desired doneness (hmmm is that even a word). Once cooked thinly slice the meat
While the meat is cooking chop up two scallions thinly and grate 2 carrots. Mix them together in a bowl. Make up the following sauce;

1 lg garlic clove, minced
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp water

Put half the sauce on the veggies and mix.

Toast a hero bun and put carrots mixture and steak slices in. Top with extra sauce and ENJOY!
(Ok yes I know I didnt use Hero Rolls... this is what I had in my kitchen so thats what I used!)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment