new

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Too Much Stuff

If you haven't already heard I am a huge Robert Munsch Fan. I love his books and have passed on that love to Jaxon. I do a book of the month with Jaxon and we focus on one theme (like cars, dinosaurs, etc) or author (Rober munsch) a year and every month he gets a new book. Its great. Anyways This year has been all about Robert Munsch.
   While we were in Edmonton this last time, Mama Nelson bought Jaxon Robert Munsch's newest book; "Too Much Stuff" It was cute and an enjoyable read... but I think Mr. Munsch is starting to loose his luster Im sad to say. This book was still about a bazillion times better them most Kid's books out there but it didnt compare to those long standing classics like "Paper bag princess" and "Thomas' snowsuit"
This book is about a little girl who takes all her toys on an airplane and all the fun things that happen because of it.

Robert Munsch is and always will be a children's literature guru to me. If you dont know... I write. It's been a long standing dream of mine to get a book published. Like robert Munsch I write children's books. I think Im pretty good. So who knows maybe one day someone will be reviewing my work! (so any one out there know of any publishers looking for some fresh talent?!?)

2 comments:

  1. Who knew? That is cool. Can't wait to read your first published book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL if it ever happens! I cant wait to read my first published book too!

    ReplyDelete