new

Friday, September 24, 2010

Inkspell

I DID IT! I finally finished Inkspell! I have been reading this book for almost a year! Let me explain though; it didnt take me that long because its a bad book or really long. Here is the story; I started the book shortly after having my second baby (Owen) there was my first mistake, what new mother of two has time to read?!?! I certainly didnt. Then I started requesting books from the Library and once one came in I had to stop Inkspell and read the Library book before I had to return it (since I couldnt renew it since there was a hold list!) But books just kept on coming in! So Inkspell kept on being put on hold. BUT ITS DONE NOW!
This is the second book in the Inkworld trilogy. It was great! Its a really easy read, hence it was nice for me since I could take long breaks from it and come back and not have to reread, I could just pick up where I left off. If any of you have read the first book, Inkheart, or seen the movie starring Brendan fraiser, this book picks up where that one leaves off. Meggie, Mo, Resa, Farid and Dustfinger and thrust back into Inkworld and have to fight to survive. I enjoyed this book more then the first book and I enjoyed the first book more than the movie.    It was nice to finally see Inkworld, since in the first book the characters all come to this world. I found it be a magical place. Your typical fairytale land if you will. Inkspell left me eager to read the next/final book Inkdeath. (but that will have to wait since I have more library books, plus the Necromancer and Mockingjay all patiently waiting on my shelf for me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment